Sunday, January 3, 2016

The sock box.

Some of you may think this is ludicrous or funny but I have a sock box.  Well, I had a sock box.  For as long as I can remember I have been losing socks.  I don't know why or how.  I tried multiple methods of madness to keep them together.  Little clips, putting them in balls, washing them in laundry wash bags. All to no avail!  I've always kept them in a box, lonely and waiting for their sole mates!  I even had some toddler socks in there!  So today I took a bold step... I threw it out.  Socks and all.  Sorry socks, if you don't have a mate you can't stay here.

I have been saving these socks because I think I will find the match, or I think I will use the socks for some higher purpose, like cleaning silver (HA HA!) or wiping on stain.  Forget about it!  If I need some socks for something in the future I will go to the dollar store and buy a pair!



How funny, I just noticed that on the box it says "it's about time"!  Yes it is sock box, yes it is....

Farewell old friend.  If you have this problem, with mis-matched socks please offer solutions on the facebook page or in the comments!  I would appreciate it greatly!




Let's tame the Socks!
Do you have old socks hanging around the house that have lost their mates? Do this: Go through the house and pick up all the socks you can find. Match as many pairs as you can. Have your children help you, this is a good activity for them. They can even help you go on the sock hunt!
Throw away any socks that do not have a match. Wash all the socks that need washing. Put your socks together in pairs and store them in a drawer or box. While you are at it, decide if you can donate some of the socks to a homeless shelter or goodwill, etc. I am sure you have more pairs than you need. Happy Sock hunting!

Tomorrow's decluttering job will be to clean out the TV entertainment center, or DVD/VCR storage.  We are going to tame those electronics people!


Enjoy the journey and seize the day!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*¨*• Barbara •.¸¸..Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ


No comments:

Post a Comment