Friday, January 8, 2016

It's not just me!

Yesterday I worked. I keep my work area clean and tidy.  Always.  But at home I just feel tired.  I feel like it doesn't matter.   When I get home from work at 8:00 PM I want to be finished. I want to rest. Last night when I got home from work I noticed some things.  The tables I worked at clearing off have collected a few misplaced items.  A small stack of mail has taken over a corner of my counter.  So I did something different.  I took the time to clear the mail pile.  Look at it, Shred it, Trash it....deal with it.  I cleared off the tables.  Am I tired?  Yes!  But now I can feel better about my space.

After dealing with the counter and table clutter, I finally sat down to look at the computer.  While perusing Face book  I came upon an ad for a 365 day space clearing plan.  Yes it's true, face book knows I am trying to de-clutter!  It has targeted me as a clutter bug!

Anyway, I click on the link and what do you know.  The lady with the 365 day plan has written a book.  Sounds good I think.  So I click on over to amazon, only to find out that the book is not in stock!  Well, this makes me feel awesome!  I am not alone in my clutter filled life.  Others are struggling with it too.  Probably a good thing this book is not available (more clutter!).
Some of us are living in the "land of excess",  paper plates that come in packs of 500 or 1000,  coupon clippers that have a stock-piles,  duplicates and disposables of all kinds.  Take bedsheets for example.  Back in the 1950-1960's  I would wager to say most people had one set per bed, maybe two.  Today there are summer sheets, flannel sheets, holiday sheets, colored sheets, whites sheets...well you get the idea.  All these things have to be stored somewhere.  And as we know your bed only needs one set of sheets...the ones you're sleeping on.  We will have to tackle that issue one day soon :)
This is just an example I know you could name many more.  I am declaring a war on all these extras in my home.  I am reclaiming my space and you should too!

I am following  a de-cluttering assignment plan I found online. One assignment is to get rid of extra kitchen utensils.  I took a look at my nifty rotating utensil holder and what do I see?  Spatulas!  Spatulas of all shapes and sizes, wooden, plastic and silicone.  Why?  Who could possibly need all these?  I made a bold (for me) move.  I removed a few.  I think I can live with that I thought.  I took out a few more. ( I got rid of 3 spatulas, a fork and a ladle.  Yes, definitely better to have less.  I put the extras in my give away box.  What do you think?
After
Before




In case you are interested in the book that I was referring to click here




Here is another one.  If you have read any good books on the subject please let me know!
Visit the Facebook group page or leave me a comment here.

We are not alone!

Enjoy the journey and seize the day!
๑Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ๑*¨*• Barbara •.¸¸..๑Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

No comments:

Post a Comment