Wednesday, January 6, 2016

No Space or poor organization? Part 1

I have a problem in my kitchen.  I don't have a proper pantry.  I have a lot of cabinets, but they are deep and things get lost in them.  I seem to keep a lot of items on the counters for easy access.  I would like to stop this habit and clear the counter tops!  I also have cabinets in my laundry room, which is across a small hallway from my kitchen, that are hardly utilized.

So in answer to my own question I think my issue is poor organization.  Also, the spaces do not work for the types of items I need to store.  I have made multiple attempts to make these spaces work for me.

I think I have a solution.

Here are the before photos of the pantry cabinets in the kitchen.  (Don't judge!  I am trying to be honest here!)








Top Cabinet, I don't know it you can see but there are wire organizers in here. They just aren't working for the space.






As you can see there have been futile attempts at organization. Labeled canisters and all.  But on the other hand there are many things just thrown in here, when I have attempted to clear the counters.


Here a before picture of the cabinet in the laundry room.  Look at all the empty space!  I hardly ever open this cabinet. I should mention that I cannot reach the top shelf without a stool.  I even attempted to put a shelf in here that is also NOT working.

So here is my solution.  I think I will put Christmas items on the top shelf.  They are only used once a year and it is OK if they are hard to reach.  I will move the food items back to the kitchen for easier access.  I will take the patio lights out of here and relocate them to the garage.  Paper goods, and plastic utensils will be kept on the second shelf.  I think maybe small appliances will be stored on the bottom.  I have never tried this before so I am optimistic about it!  I will post part two later today.  Stay tuned :)

Enjoy the journey and seize the day!
๑Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ๑*¨*• Barbara •.¸¸..๑Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ



No comments:

Post a Comment